1961 Lone Star Boat Restoration
by: Rick Jacquot
One thing that was ruined by time, was the Lexan windshield I had installed. The sun and rain had ruined the glass to the point I removed it and decided to make a new windshield at a later date.
Note the cheesy cover I built over the boat, this lasted about six months until the heavy snow in the winter of 2009/2010 that collapsed it on my boat. I have since built a much nicer cover to work under.
Paint preparation for painting the upper deck.
Upper deck painted.
I got to the point that if I didn't use the boat after 10 years, that I would go crazy! I decided to make sure that everything mechanical was in working order and rig the boat for diving. I didn't care what it looked like as long as it worked right. I built a dive ladder and we headed off to Lake Keowee and Jocassee in South Carolina for its first voyage in decades.
With the multi colored paint, it kinda looked like the Partridge Family boat!
New dive ladder installed.
Ready to hit the water after 10 years, August, 2010.
The rebuilt Merc, running smooth...
Sandy driving us to the first dive site.